Old School 300HAM'R

Just getting this finished and in the process of tweaking out the bugs. 16" Wilson Combat 300HAM’R barrel
Bear Creek Arsenal side charging upper
New Frontier carbon fiber lower
Black Guns Wood furniture
Ambi safety
Ambi mag release
Strike Industries extended bolt release
Magpul Pro Long Range iron sights
Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32 Scout scope
Burris P.E.P.R. mount.
JP LMOS buffer

The problem I’m having now is that by using a fixed rifle length buttstock the spring is too stiff. WC uses carbine style buttstock on all their factory builds and they recommended finding a spacer and putting a carbine spring in it.
20190419_135536|666x500

1 Like

I have taken some off the rifle spring before .I usually take less than 1/2 a turn at a time. I read where you take 1/4 turn off but that is really a hard spring to cut . That’s why take 1/2 turn off. Make sure you take enough off so the bolt catch locks on last round. Springs are only 5$ and after I get my rifle broke in I would put a new spring in it and repeat the process. I hope this helps and I would like to read some other opinions. Short stroking was my first problem I ran into on my first build.

1 Like

I tend to avoid cutting springs until it’s the last resort. Bad experience with lowering a car, LOL. I ordered a spacer and a JP carbine spring. we’ll see how it works then. Thanks!